[pct-l] SPOT

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Aug 10 02:47:35 CDT 2008

I just got back from the eastern Sierras road trip.  Can'tQuit told me  she
is very happy with the SPOT.  She sends a signal everyday to her  husband in
Phoenix to tell him she is okay and where she is at.  The family  looks up on
Goggle Earth and locates where she is camping.  This is kind of  neat.

Like everyone says, it may not work 100% of the time.  I hope they  come out
with a lighter and smaller model.

Cheers, Switchback
PS: When I went over to Lone Pine Friday, it was 118 degrees in Death
Valley.  But Piney, the PCT hybrid support vehicle, did fine.  The  meal Friday
night with Can'tQuit and her sister after they came off the PCT was  super at the
Merry-Go-Round.  I had the salmon dinner.  :-)

Read reviews on AOL Autos.