[pct-l] 2008 PCT DAY, Cascade Locsk, OR

Jason Waicunas pct2005 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:26:47 CDT 2008

Hey everyone, I'm working with the PCTA as a planner/organizer and would like to invite you to the second annual PCT Day in Cascade Locks, OR, which takes place on Saturday, Sept. 6th.  In addition to a really fun day of events, if you want to spend the night, camping is available at the campground where thru-hikers stay at the marine park, (along the Columbia River in Cascade Locks.)  The cost is $10.00/per night for each tent site and $25.00 for RV sites with hook-ups.  Additional camping is available at a few of the other campgrounds close-by, such as Eagle Creek, Herman Creek, Wyeth, and KOA. So far we have a really fun day planned, so c'mon out to Cascade Locks!  There will be trail maintenance in the morning, a day hike in the early afternoon, and LOT's of great events in the late afternoon, such as gear raffles, bike tour/photography workshop raffles, PCT trivia games, and spending time with friends new and old.  Also, (hold your breath), I've FINALLY completed my photography project based on my hike of the PCT in 2005 and it's premeire showing will take place during the evening of PCT Day at 7:45 p.m. at the marine park near the pavilion area.  I've attached a flyer for you to learn more about the event.  You can download and/or view the flyer that has a detailed list of what's going on by visiting the PCTA's website: http://www.pcta.org/.  There is a link to the flyer on their home page and in the 'Events' link. ***We are looking for volunteers to help out with gear demonstrations, a PCT trivia game, and to bring food, (this event is going pot-luck style, so your time and energy to prepare food to share will be greatly appreciated!)  If interested in helping out or attending, please let us know ASAP.....we would like to know how many people to prepare for and a create a list of 'who can do what.'  Please contact me via email or Nick Kraemer at: nick.kramer at gmail.com or 651.334.1826.   PS:  Not only have I finished my 2005 PCT project, but you can check out: www.jasonsvision.com to see my new website...go to the 'Projects' link to see some of my PCT images.  I hope that you enjoy viewing it as much as I do sharing it with you! Take it easy / hope to see you on Sept. 6th!Jason (Nabor J)