[pct-l] accidental SPOT "HELP" activation reports

mattjolley at comcast.net mattjolley at comcast.net
Wed Aug 20 11:12:02 CDT 2008

Another SPOT "HELP"  button accidently pushed in a pack,  and caused some excitement.

This could have happened to any of our SPOT users.

http://www.backpacker.com/blogs/234

The SPOT "OK"  or "HELP"  can be set up to send cell phone text messages and email  of location and
predetermined text message
for "HELP".
But the 911 button does not.  SPOT  911 has contact information.

I have modified the text message my wife left for the HELP button
from "send HELP ASAP"  to "This maybe an accidental Help message"

Matt