[pct-l] ALDHA-West Gathering

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Wed Aug 20 19:23:56 CDT 2008

OK OK,

I've been waiting for one of the stalwarts of ALDHA-West  (or
W(est)LDHA?) to trumpet the upcoming gathering. So here goes.

Got my gasette a couple of days ago with the gathering announcement and
registration form. There's more info over on the WLDHA web site
http://www.aldhawest.org/default.asp.

Erin and Hig McKittrick will share their epic 12-month, 4000 mile (6400
kilometer) along the west coast from Seattle all the way to the Aleutian
Islands.  Sounds great.

All you stove braggarts will have a chance to prove your brag with the
stove race and/or your trail food is better than anyone else.

If others are interested I'll bring my slide projector (Kodak Carousel
with stack loader) and we can share slides of long ago trips and
scenery. Let me know.

Jonathan Ley is presenting a workshop on photographing your epics.

Once again some of us who are long in tooth and silver on top will
discuss the evolution of long distance backpacking.

I don't know if Switchback will be sailing to there in his pirate sloop.

I've already made my reservation; make your now.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>