[pct-l] Shelter Question

Timothy Akin timothyakin at mac.com
Sat Aug 23 14:00:48 CDT 2008

I'm considering a 2010 thru-hike and am in the process of tweeking my
gear.  I have a Tarptent Contrail that I am very happy with (20 plus
trail nights in my Contrail), but I wonder if there are any Contrail
users on this list that have switched to the Gossamer Gear "The One"
shelter.  I am very tempted to switch to "the one", but thought I
should get some feedback from you folks.  Does GG have all the bugs
out of this new shelter?  Or should I wait for better products to
come out.  Materials and fabrics seem to be getting more exotic every
year.  Perhaps I should wait and see what the industry comes out with
next.
What do you think?

kind regards,
Tim A.