[pct-l] Scott and Joe

mikea mike.aken at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 21:37:16 CDT 2008

I met Scott and Joe at PCT Mom's dinner party
at Stevens Pass.Previously I was aware of Scott's Yoyo hikes, but Joe's
record hike had some how escaped me. I thought they were well manered young
men, but at my ake everyone is young, :-)  :-)

I found them extremely easy to talk to an listened to their
tales for 1.5 hours or so.

The trail community is one on to its own. I found
their personalities  right in the middle of the pack. If I was
to describe them I would use the words.
     Scott - likeable and modest
      Joe   - likeable and brash.

Just like Brian Robinson they did get a lot of miles
in each day, but it wasn't running in a blur of scenery. They
got up early and hiked till  dark

Mike

--
http://www.engel.org/ihwm (Courtesy of my friend Glenn Engel)

"I hike alone sometimes.Its during these Mike Aken
solo hikes that the number of arrogant N7OUJ
and ignorant people I have to deal
with is reduced to one".
Jack Hampson