[pct-l] More Speed Record News

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Aug 24 19:12:13 CDT 2008

Hi Gang,
Just to let you know that my buddy Michael Popov will be attempting to
break Sue Johnston's (Stinky Feet) supported JMT record of  3 days, 15
hrs, 32 minutes on Saturday, Aug. 30., from Whitney Portal.

Michael is a 29 year Hard Rock trail runner who broke my unsupported JMT
record last year.
He is about as nice a guy you could meet on the trail....like Scott &
Joe and Brian & Andy.
Seems like all speed hikers are nice guys

Michael will depart for Whitney Portal tomorrow, Monday, Aug. 25 and
spend 4 days alternating between Whitney Portal and Mt. Whitney to
acclimatize .
If anybody wants to send him off and wish him well he will welcome your
presence.
Warning to the girls, he is a real  ''Heart Breaker.''
Perhaps Joanne should be there to send him of and wish him well....she
claims to admire durability and speed.
It might take her mind of Scott & Joe and return tranquility to the list.
Who knows, she might even speed of into the wilderness with Michael and
Elevator would not need a new filter.

JMT Reinhold