[pct-l] Anyone hiking?....

Randy Forsland rforsland2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 18:14:37 CDT 2008

I am...After reading so many of the journals online and comparing their writings with the stuff that has been posted to this list lately, I opted to get out and go for a little stroll. I managed to weasel 4 weeks off and I'm sitting here in the Ashland Hostel ready to start my trip..hope to make it to Cascade Locks in a few weeks...There are absolutely no PCT hikers in Ashland at the moment,..I checked all of the usual haunts (Hostel, Outfitter, Beer Pubs, and Laundromats..in that order). From the sign-in registers, it looks like the last wave was out of here on 8/22. I think from reading the journals, that there are still a few hikers south of here in Northern CA...so maybe, they'll catch up with me as I plan on meandering as slow as I can...

I was thinking of going for a new record...Oregon Border-to-Border eating nothing but Pop-tarts and drinking only alcoholic beverages..I couldn't get a hold of the Guinness people to check on any previous records...so I'll put my attempt on hold for the time being...Maybe I'll just drink some Guinness and go for a private personal record..

Shout out to Joe and Terri at the Casa de Luna...next year, I'll plan my hike for your neck of the woods...

Redwood