[pct-l] Recently Hiked Stevens Pass to Rainy Pass, but not the Glacier Pk Detour

Denis Stanton denisstanton at mac.com
Thu Aug 28 19:02:10 CDT 2008

On 29/08/2008, at 11:31 AM, Denis Stanton wrote:
> I think there may be a directional discrepancy here.  If the
> recommended crossing is north of the trail for a northbound hiker it
> will still be north of the trail for a southbound hiker.

My apologies to Dan.  My little comment above might be relevant if
this was a little logic exercise with a simple track going in a single
direction.  I didn't consider that the inevitable switchbacks could
mean that at the points where NOBOs and SOBOs are advised to turn off
to a safer crossing point they are not necessarily approaching each
other in a straight line as if the trail and river formed a simple
crossroad.  So I'm in no position to give advice.  Do what Dan said,
I'm just a cyber hiker 7,000 miles away.

Denis Stanton
denisstanton at mac.com