[pct-l] Dixon Rollerpack

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Dec 1 03:59:29 CST 2008

Say, I was looking at this device for future trail adventures.  Go to www.dixonrollerpack.com for more info.  It is supposed to cut your carry weight in half.  That might be true.  If you are a Light Weight backpacker, then the opportunities are staggering.  You could have 30 pound gear set up (including the 7.5 pound cart) and it would feel like 15 pounds.  Not bad at all.  A nice little belly pack would round things out.  With two hiking poles this might be outstanding.  The videos look like it is very easy to use.

Since I am a disabled veteran and hardcore 1%er backpacker, this might be a good option to stay on the trail with bad knees/legs.  I think there might be exceptions to having wheeled vehicles on certain trails, if you are disabled.  I am going to check into this.  The inventor took it up the Mt. Whitney trail to the top and I would assume it was with the proper permits.

Cheers, Switchback
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."  ~Steven Wright
"I have two doctors, my left leg and my right."  ~G.M. Trevelyan