[pct-l] Hammock Camping

jape1 at cox.net jape1 at cox.net
Mon Dec 1 13:53:11 CST 2008

In 2003, Roni hiked darn near the whole trail.  (Family matters terminated his walk)  I read in one of his Emails he was able to hang all except a couple of nights.  But he cautioned, one had to plan ahead for an acceptable stopping point for the day's walk.  Many hikers will ask "where's the next water", but Roni would ask, "any trees, bushes, structures up ahead?"  One of his campsites that stick in my mind was drapped from bush to bush, across a gully.  You can read his journals here:  http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=31456