[pct-l] permits

Eric Lee (GAMES) elee at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 1 21:59:16 CST 2008

Bamboo Bob wrote:

If I'm a first class food hanger is that REALLY not good enough.

Other people have responded but I'll just echo what they've said - yes, it's really not good enough.  In certain areas of the Sierra there is literally *no way* to hang food using only trees and ropes that the bears cannot defeat.  They can climb out on branches, break off branches, locate and chew through ropes, climb out on ropes, fall onto the bag from higher up in the tree, and many other amazing stunts.

For an example (not from the Sierra, but it illustrates the point), see this link:
http://officespam.chattablogs.com/archives/2007/07/minnesota-bird-feeder.html

Eric