[pct-l] Bear canister

Wes wb104475 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 2 01:20:19 CST 2008

I've only eaten bear meat once and it was horrible.  No wonder
nobody sells bear burgers.  But I'll betcha that bear hide would
make one heck of a thru-wallet!  Some enterprising hiker could
market these on the list and at the AZD and fund his hike.

And speaking of bears...

I camped last November near Onyx Summit south of Big Bear and
was suddenly jolted out of a sound sleep early Saturday morning
by what sounded like a dinosaur over a mega hi-fi speaker system.
The noise vibrated through the whole canyon area and I instantly
feared for my life.  Turns out that I was a short distance away from
the home for retired Hollywood animals, and the big ol' grizzly bear
was being fed.  I understand that said grizzly mauled his handler just
a short time back.  So the moral here is this:  the best way to see
a bear is steaming on a dinner plate, medium rear, and the best way
to feel a bear is with a bear hide thru-wallet in your back pocket or
purse.

Postholer said: With rare exceptions, where humans hunt bears,
bears avoid humans.