[pct-l] canisters

Bob Sartini r.sartini at rcn.com
Tue Dec 2 08:05:43 CST 2008

Thank you. I actually have backpacked quite a bit but  have always just hung
my food and never used a canister. Apparently the bears on the
west coast are smarter then the ones on the east coast. I PROMISE I will get
a canister.

I have always hung everything that a bear might find tasty like toothpaste ,
etc, But I also have hung all that might have smells like cooking gear. The
pot which never gets odor free,spoon,stove. What do you do with the gear. Is
it supposed to go in the canister? I think if I put the canister a mile away
the bears would still sniff out the cooking gear.

"EVERYTHING is in walking distance,"
    ......Bamboo Bob