[pct-l] Anti-perspirant for feet?

Marlene Soffera mmsoffera at charter.net
Tue Dec 2 09:58:32 CST 2008

My son has a significant perspiration problem, so, upon recommendation of a relative, switched to an antiperspirant "system" called Certain Dri.  He applies one product to his underarm at night and another in the morning.

At the end of the instruction folder, there is a section on prevention of blisters.  I'll copy that brief section at the bottom of my note, but my question here is: Have any of you have tried this, and what results did you receive?

Marlene

Copy:
ARMY RESEARCHERS SAY USING ANTI-PERSPIRANT CAN PREVENT BLISTERS ON YOUR FEET

According to US Army medical researchers, "Anti-perspirant reduces the sweating that creates friction, and friction leads to blisters.  By reducing sweating, an antiperspirant also helps existing foot blisters to heal faster."

Lead researcher, Joseph Knapik MD, suggests applying an anti-perspirant to your feet every day for five days before a major walk, run or bike ride.