[pct-l] Dixon Roller Pack

susan woodswitch at hughes.net
Tue Dec 2 14:45:14 CST 2008

Amanda
I hopefully will be doing a thru-ride with my horse in 2009; I researched
the Dixon rollerpack in lieu of another horse as a pack animal and was told
by the PCT that the roller pack was not allowed, what a shame because the
impact of that versus another horse was incomparable. I have opted to use a
single horse but wanted everyone to know that in the past few years horses
have been fitted with sneaker like boots which leave little or no trail
damage - in fact at home no one even knows I have been riding a trail. This
would be the thing that the PCT should outlaw, no bare metal shoes on the
trail. That is where the real damage comes from, not the Dixon Rollerpack.
Susan (Grayhair)

Message: 1