[pct-l] Anti-perspirant for feet?

The Incredible Bulk taterno at cox.net
Tue Dec 2 18:43:37 CST 2008

Diane!!!

Thanks for the mental image!  ; )

I actually bought some of that stuff too, because of the novelty appeal.  Never used it.  Powders on the trail are messy.

I suggest you try Hydropel on your feet before your next long distance backpack trip.  It is supposed to lubricate the skin to prevent friction.  I used it successfully (twice a day application), and when I didn't use it, a small blister formed.

A similar product is Sportslick.  It is not only a lubricant, but it also includes anti fungal and bacterial agents.  It is useful for feet and other body parts that can develop chafing.

Both can be bought from backpackinglight.com or runners stores.

Tom
The Incredible Bulk

---- Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com <diane at santabarbarahikes.com> wrote:

=============

On Dec 2, 2008, at 11:15 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Anti-perspirant for feet?

Something I used that felt good on my feet was Anti-Monkey Butt
powder. I can't say it exactly prevented blisters since nothing
seemed capable of that, not even injinji socks, but it sure felt good
on my feet.

If used as intended, it prevents chafing between your cheeks,
something I had never heard of until a friend of mine told me he
sticks cotton balls soaked in vaseline in there. Needless to say,
that was an image I did not appreciate.

~Piper