[pct-l] Anti-perspirant for feet?

Julian Plamann julian at amity.be
Tue Dec 2 22:23:17 CST 2008

I know this isn't an exact answer to your question, but have you tried very
thin merino wool socks? (the thicker "hiking" wool socks REI and such sells
seem to be too heavy to work very effectively at moisture management. My
feet tended to sweat a lot when hiking or walking in synthetic or cotton
socks until I started using merino wool. Some really nice ones are "DeFeet
WoolEators". For me, the difference was night and day and I literally no
longer need powder or get blisters at all even on 20+ mile days (though I
have a feeling the PCT's southern section will make me eat my words come
April... hehe). Merino wool is also naturally very anti-fungal. Anyway, may
be worth giving it a shot if you haven't already.

Good luck and happy trails!
Julian