[pct-l] Excuse me sir.

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Wed Dec 3 22:38:17 CST 2008

Brick Robbins wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:31 PM,  <jeff.singewald at comcast.net> wrote:
>> There are no hard and fast answers to the majority of these questions.  The
>> answers are based on personal preferences.
>
> I've been moderating this list for 12 years now, and yes I know there
> are no hard and fast answers to these questions, which is the main
> reason I've never created a FAQ.
>
> But those ARE the common questions. (did I forget any?)

how about the "hiking solo or with a partner" question, particularly as
pertains to folks who are concerned about starting out alone for fear
of, well... being alone on the trail.

as for the "heated debate" category, don't forget water caches, trail
angels/magic (incl adzpctko), thru-hike "purity" (though actually that's
more a heated debate that happens ON the trail itself), and trail
closures (ie due to fire, etc).

i agree that none of these topics needs to be exhaustively discussed in
a faq, just that it's nice to have brief summaries there for newbies to
glance at, so they can get a quick overview of what's been covered ad
nauseam in the past.

girlscout