[pct-l] Section hiker vs. thru

Michael Chamoun nano.michael at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 00:20:12 CST 2008

Your assessments and feelings may be justified and right for you.  However,
there is no denying that thru-hiking in one season is a different beast.
It's not just about hiking, it's a complete lifestyle change and one that
takes weeks to get comfortable with (to a certain extent).  You also have to
assess that the length of time spent out there, with practically no
interruption (usually), does a whole lot of change, usually for good, to the
psyche of a person.  Obviously section hiking and thru-hiking are NOT the
same even on the same trail, but one way is not "better" than another as
they are available options to different types of people; so it really
depends on what the trail represents for YOU and what your priorities are.