[pct-l] FAQ

ietura at viajarapie.info ietura at viajarapie.info
Thu Dec 4 11:07:15 CST 2008

trying to see things from the newcomer point of view, I think many might
like to see a FAQ available and some might even prefer to go through one
before asking directly. This largely depends on personal character. I'd see
a FAQ as a useful, additional resource but not necessarily a substitute for
direct questions. I'd say set the FAQ up and let the newcomers decide how
they want to address the list. If someone prefers to skip the FAQ and go
straight to the list, don't assume it's out of laziness. Some people just
work that way.

Those not so factual issues without one clear, factual answer can still
make it to a FAQ by simply presenting the common options and stating the
uncertainty. This also adds credibility to the answer (like everytime you
state you *don't* know something).

I'd make the FAQ kind of short. Long FAQs tend to be skipped. Answers can
get deep sometimes but a three page index scares potential readers away.
Rainskirt