[pct-l] Guns in National Parks

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 7 14:15:11 CST 2008

Should I be surprised?  I have received several off-list replies to my comments questioning the need for guns on the trail or in National Parks.  A healthy discussion and exchange of views is usually very productive.  However, and with all due respect, it would probably be more productive to keep replies focused on the subject at hand.  I did not attack the second amendment and strongly believe the the right of the people to resist an oppressive government.  (Ours labeled me a revolutionary decades ago, but that is another story.)  Hitler's genocide, Stalin's gulags and Turkeys genocide of the Armenians did not take place in one of our National Parks.  The Trail of Tears is not the PCT.  Yosemite has never been used as an interment camp.  The Battle for Bunker Hill did not take place on Mt. Whitney.   Apples and oranges.

Amanda (Shepherd)