[pct-l] good December So-Cal section hiking?

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 00:20:26 CST 2008

Sections A and E are all snow free and passable usually 365 ....... be aware that the nights could get below freezing and you might have a little bit of snow in the Laguna's in A and the Tehachapi in E.  Section B-D have sections that are low enough to be snow free but the resort communities of Idlewild, Big Bear and Wrightwood will have snow hopefully by XMAS.  San Gorgonio got a few feet of snow last weekend above 7500 but I think the entire trail is passable since it does not exceed that elevation except at Onxz summit and Baden Powell.  Keep track of the weather ------- there are three socal hiker websites user groups that will give you the most recent beta.

http://www.palm-springs-photography.com/phpBB2/index.php
http://sgwa.org/
http://sangabrielmnts.myfreeforum.org/index.php

SB