[pct-l] PCTA Membership

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 11:33:09 CST 2008

I totally agree with you Ed!  I can't afford alot now that I am officially unemployed thanx to this wonderful economy Bush has given us, but as soon as I get an unemployment check I plan on giving my first $25.00 to the PCTA  AND I am also doing trail work in Jan in the first section with George. I was also thinking, being that I am already on the trail...June 6 is National Trails Day...if I see anyone working on the trail...don't you know I will stop hiking and pick up a tool and start helping out. As a volunteer for the Angeles Forest, I have found much gratitude and pleasure doing this maintenance. Not only is it nice for others on the trail but it feels good to hike back out on a pretty and safe trail that wasn't on the way in. It feels good! That big $25.00 that we send to PCTA goes towards tools, equipment and materials to make the trail look good and be safe for us when we hike it. Not alot to ask for. I know if there was no one supporting the
 trails and no one giving their time to make them safe, everyone would be complaining and then the PCT would be no more. I'd like to think it will still be there when our great grand children's grand children want to hike it and that it is just as nice and safe for them to hike as it was for us.

patti