[pct-l] PCTA Membership

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Tue Dec 9 11:58:14 CST 2008

"Sweet Goat Mama" said:
> It seems odd to me that it would be more expensive after the first year.

"*Note: Trail Explorer is an introductory offer to let you explore the benefits of membership. It is for first time members only." - directly from the PCTA web page, <http://www.pcta.org/help/join/benefits.asp>, mentioned previously...

This is also becoming more common elsewhere, too...  Many golf clubs offer "young" or "new" member reduced rates to entice them to join in hopes that they become long time members after playing the course and meeting the other members, in effect "exploring" the club and its offerings...

> ...some kind of "associate" membership that is reduced for those who wish to provide support
but can't afford to continue...
> Associate memberships tend to come with reduced perks like no newsletter, or no voting privileges, etc.

Sounds like an idea the PCTA should possibly consider - the "Ultralight" membership...
A 'minimal' option - no "Communicator" magazine, no PCTA store discounts, etc. ...

Happy trails!!!
Jim / PITA