[pct-l] PCTA Membership

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Dec 9 20:46:31 CST 2008

On Dec 9, 2008, at 4:05 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> PCTA Membership
I will renew when my renewal date comes up. I enjoy seeing the
pictures in the magazine.

But my local wilderness is in far worse disrepair than anything on
the PCT. The PCT was an amazing adventure in walking upright and not
having to constantly search for the trail. My local wilderness areas
are definitely not like that. You need a saw to hike here. I do not
feel sorry for the PCT if someone in Vermont doesn't donate money.

I have no real job. I also want to donate money to Heifer
International and to Algalita Research, the folks who are studying
the impact of plastic trash in the ocean, a problem that bothers me
immensely, so much so that I cursed all the PCT litterbugs out loud
as I cleaned up their plastic trash. But how to donate to everything
that matters to me? And how to do it and stay off the "sucker lists"
that send me mountains of trash in the mail?