[pct-l] Guns in the Parks

JOHN F PATTERSON yuppatt at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 10 11:57:10 CST 2008

Try this again -

As Thoreau said , what business have I in the woods , if I am thinking of something out of the woods - and aren ' t we , when ' armed ' , thinking thus ?  If it isn ' t to enable law enforcement professionals or legitimate hunters to go about their business - which it isn ' t , then what purpose does it serve ?  The purpose it serves with me , the essence of it for me , is to make it more difficult for me to feel safe in the woods . Which reduces the value of my going there . And doesn ' t the carrying of weapons otherwise belie any argument by those of us who in our tents continuously sleep peacefully while ferocious animals go about their business around us ?  Or are WE the target of these weapons ? Perhaps so . I - my neighbor - can not be trusted ? If this is so we all might need now arm ourselves !.