[pct-l] Multi-fuel stove?

WalkinBA at aol.com WalkinBA at aol.com
Wed Dec 10 18:10:43 CST 2008

Planning for this first PCT trip is delightful but  challenging.  After
considerable thought, and until I learn  otherwise, I am taking a moderate (lightw
eight but not ultralite)  approach.  I want to 1) cook, and 2) use a more
robust, fossil-fuel burning stove.  It is reported that  white gas and cannister
fuel is not reliably available in some or even most  resupply points.  If I
were to bring a Whisperlite Internationale  multi-fuel stove, it seems to me that
either white gas, kerosene, or unleaded  gasoline would have to be available
most resupply points.  Can any of you  experienced thru-walkers support or
correct my hypothesis?

Thank you,

B.A.