[pct-l] Wool Socks

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 20:31:37 CST 2008

What kind of wool socks are you looking for? For trail runners? Light-medium wt boots?  Winter boots?

Ragg Wool socks still work well, are durable  and  are fairly cheap:
http://snipurl.com/7rdzf  [www_google_com]

Best for heavier footwear like winter boots, ski boots, hunting boots,  heavy hiking boots, etc
I use the Lands Ends ones for ski touring at $14 for two pairs.
Ragg wool is heavy and bulky, but oh-so-warm.

If you are looking for a light hiking sock, Campmor comes through as usual:
http://snipurl.com/7re71  [www_campmor_com]

At $9/pr these look promising for light-medium wt boots:
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___19830
Wigwam is a good "bread and butter" brand: Good, solid, nothing fancy.

For trail runners, these look good:
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___15508

Juts a few quick examples.

--Thoreau