[pct-l] PCTA Membership and passing it on

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Thu Dec 11 19:26:56 CST 2008

I am treasurer of our local Friends of the Library. When we updated our
dues schedule this spring, we specifically provided for people who
donate time (volunteer) instead of donating money. The hours donated was
set too high in my judgment; none the less it at least acknowledges that
donating time has some value. I could go on and on on this topic which
is getting off topic. Most nonprofits I', aware of are complaining about
the lack of volunteers, yet these organizations won't recognize the
value of the volunteering with a membership.

I'll just say that I think anyone who volunteers at least one full day
on PCTA stuff should receive a membership.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>