[pct-l] Marble Mtns in December

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Thu Dec 11 20:19:24 CST 2008

#44. I went for a weekend hike in the Marbles last weekend since there's
basically no snow up there. It was unreal, warm, sunny, uncroweded, and
December! If one was ready, they could have hiked the PCT from Castle Crags
to Crater Lake or more from late Nov till now! Snow is coming in tomorrow. I
hiked up to frozen Paradise lake and camped at the vintage 1932 USFS
campsite, and then carried several liters of water out Big Ridge and enjoyed
a grand sunset camp on Sat nite. This was a rare opportunity I couldn't let
pass by. The photos are in my inbox, and will move to my Marbles gallery in
a week or so.
  http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/inbox&page=1