[pct-l] zero days (nights) on the trail instead of in town?

Bob Sartini r.sartini at rcn.com
Fri Dec 12 09:11:09 CST 2008

I did the AT with only four Zero days  when I passed near relatives homes.
Once you get tuned into the trail I don't feel I need zero days. But one
thing leads to another. Resupply to shower to laundry to motel can become
inevitable.  On another trip I took a zero on the trail and was bored silly.
I also got tired explaining to people hiking by that I was not hurt,
everything was cool, etc. But for many  zero days are good. They let you
take the  trail as a series of one week backpacking trips instead of the
huge undertaking it can be.

"EVERYTHING is in walking distance,"
    ......Bamboo Bob