[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 12, Issue 59, showers on trail. go solar.

Jereen Anderson jereenanderson at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 15:27:25 CST 2008

I can't resist commenting on the current discussion about showering. You don't have to go into town to get a good shower. And you don't have to be satisfied with justsponging off on the trail. I have made good use of my 10.5 oz, 2.5 gallon Sun Shower for years on backpacking trips, on saddlebaging trips with my horse, and on my thru-ride on the PCT this year. Solar really works... it really does. Another good use of the sun shower is to provide the convenience of having gravity-fed running water in camp. I enjoyed having my "0" days on the trail, having cached my resupplies at road crossings or at trailheads.

Ed Anderson. MendoRider on the trail.