[pct-l] Duct tape fabric repairs

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 17:24:04 CST 2008

>>This probably isn't the most popular way, but I used duct tape.  I burned a
>>small hole in my WM bag many years ago.

I've repaired sleeping bags, shells, gaiters and other equipment this way as well.

One great tip is to clean the area, place the duct tape on and, with an iron on VERY LOW heat, apply some
gentle pressure to the duct tape.

Works like a champ.

Obviously, this works better at home than in the field, but still a good tip.

BONUS: Duct tapes comes in many colors to match your fabric. Of course, the silver gives
you that gnarly uber-outdoor person look. ;-)

Having said that, if my "friend" urinated in a bag and burnt holes in it (after "borrowing" it),
HE can keep the bag, repair/clean it  AND buy me a new one. Grrrr...

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com