[pct-l] San Jacinto/Idyllwild

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu Dec 18 13:36:01 CST 2008

I don't know how many were tuned into local news, but we had a storm
yesterday the likes of which hasn't been seen in decades. We had blizzard
conditions which dumped a fair amount of snow; it finally starting sticking
and we got about 3" (all you folks who live in places where it snows all
winter please don't laugh -- this a lot of snow for us!)  Major arteries
north or east out of LA were shut down (I-14, I-15, I-5), along with
alternate highways like Sierra Highway. We were happily stuck in winter
wonderland. It's starting to melt off this morning and roads are opening up,
but oh, what a beautiful sight the snow is!  So good for our ground water
tables here in the high desert.

There's another storm forecast possibly as early as this weekend.  I'm

L-Rod