[pct-l] Base layers

trail-name-here trail-name-here at comcast.net
Fri Dec 19 10:21:13 CST 2008

Look at the Patagonia site for a good explanation of layering and wicking.

You don't have to buy Patagonia (although they are one of the greenest
manufacturers); even REI thermals are good quality but a bit less.

Check out REI online because they carry all the major brands of u-gear and
you can compare them pretty easily.

You'll pay about the same for almost all good-quality gear.

You won't be thinking about the "deal" you got when mediocre gear doesn't
perform as expected - when wet and/or cold, in this case.

Look for function and not fashion. Color doesn't count except for pollution.

Good luck.

Hasta la pasta