[pct-l] [unprepared hikers]

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Sun Dec 21 07:57:48 CST 2008

On the Bright Angel trail at Grand Canyon, I saw so many strange sights...I
have a photo of a guy hiking with a plastic milk crate slung over his
shoulders as a pack (he used a couple of pieces of webbing as shoulder
straps).  All his belongings were packed into the crate, nothing on top to
keep stuff from falling out.  Would have thought it could never work, except
he was heading up the trail...

Ellen
(Sorry, I have no internet link for how to construct your own milk-crate
pack!)