[pct-l] Lightweight backpacking Book

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 19:00:00 CST 2008

I think the best book for learning to go lightweight backpacking is:

Lighten Up!: A Complete Handbook for Light and Ultralight Backpacking (Falcon Guide)

No frills, to the point, not overly gear focused. It gives you a solid foundation
on WHY and HOW to go lightweight.  Once the solid foundation is in place,
it is very easy to modify your gear.

A book on lightweight backpacking should be...well, lightweight. ;)

At only $10, it also appeals my dirtbag aesthetic too. ;)

JMO...

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com