[pct-l] VVR Resupply info

Kenneth Schwarz ksksksks at cox.net
Wed Dec 24 16:02:33 CST 2008

My VVR experience last summer was great. I skipped
it on my first time section hiking the PCT, but was
glad I did it the second time through. VVR is very
hiker friendly (I had previously met Jim at Trailfest).
They give you one free night in a tent cabin, and one
free beer. Their restaurant is great, and they have showers and laundry facililties. Their hiker boxes are overflowing too. I personally would buy food there to get to Red's Meadow
or Agnew Meadows, then bus up to Mammoth for resupply.
Red's was one night and two days hiking, so that's not much food to buy. Mammoth has everything. Agnew
Meadows is nice to begin from after a full resupply, as it
is a 800-900 foot climb up from Reds. Further, it's about
thirty miles to Tuolumne Meadows where you can get more
stuff. VVR is rated as one of the most popular places to
visit on the PCT and I would  highly recommend it.