[pct-l] Carrying Water

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Dec 25 11:05:11 CST 2008

I use an 17 ounce Breeze Ray Jardine  style backpack (20 pound max load).  I
put cheap light auto seat belt  should strap pads on the pack shoulder straps.
 Works great in making the  ride a lot more comfortable.

For water, I just use my belly pack to  carry 4 empty Gadorate bottles for
the water --- super light  containers.  On the Breeze I carry 4 more liter
bottles if needed in the  side web pockets on each side.  No problem.

On the belly pack I have added two more  bottle pouches for the 2 extra
bottles.  The fanny pack (turned around to  be a belly pack) came with two bottle
holders.

To hold everything up better, I just  attached a strap through my lower pack
shoulder straps and attached it to the  belly pack.  Now it does not slip down
as I walk and stays in place very  nicely.

A simple system to carry 8 litters of  water if needed.  No problem at all.
By the way, I use an Extreme one  litter bottle with water filter inside as
one of the 8 bottles.  This way I  can simply keep refilling the Extreme bottle
from the other bottles, so I have  filtered water all the time.

This is a light flexible water system  that is simple to do and simple to
use.  And it keeps your center of  gravity lower for safer and a more relaxed
walking.

Switchback the Trial Pirate
Pirate Brigade Member

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.