[pct-l] Strange sights on the PCT

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Dec 25 13:21:50 CST 2008

Mammoth Snow Bunny Unsupported Reinhold writes:?You guys think the ''LUGGAGE GUY'' was a strange sight on the PCT???You should see ''SWITCHBACK'' strutting down the trail with hairy legs,?in combat boots and black lingerie, with all the latest gizmos like hand free umbrella,?solar powered fan, reflector tape, hard hat, full body armor and lightning rod.?Neither thunderbolts from heaven, nor man eating grizzlies could do him any harm.? Yes, Switchback is the ultimate prepared thru-hiker.???I don't know what it is about the holidays, that makes me say all these nice things?about Switchback????
?Switchback replies: Unsupported does not realize that I will be using the hiker cart.? I will pull it behind me and reduce my body impact load by 50%.? In other words, I will have 40 pounds of gear, but only have 20 pounds of load on my body.? This opens all sorts of opportunities.? Yes, solar powered satellite phone and radio, IPod, and the Reactor stove will be standard.? Foods will be fantastic.? When people think they need a rest and break from the work world, they will now think of the trail and nice long hike.? An activity that will denote peace and quite and rejuvenation, but without the physcial stress.?? It wil be like one long massage and hours in the Jacuzzi.