[pct-l] Granite Gear packs in 08

Krystina Webster krystinasjunk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 16:59:43 CST 2008

I started the trail this summer with a granite gear pack.  I wanted to
switch out about 200 miles in, but managed to wait until Agua Dulce.  I knew
of a couple of other hikers, my hiking partner included, who were also not
happy with Granite Gear packs.  It seems you either love them or you don't.
I found that I needed a more rigid frame that my first pack could offer me.
Additionally, the new pack I got, an Osprey, was roughly the same weight for
the volume I needed.  I loved it through the rest of the trail.
Good luck finding a pack you like