[pct-l] Too much spare time - part 2

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 12:05:37 CST 2008

yeh that's what I'm doing...reading them now and highlighting and making notes. So I have all my stops and camps estimated ahead of time. Of course nothing is written in stone until you're actually out there on the trail. I do this with every trip, even if it is only two days. Call me OCD, yes I am, but it eases ones mind to know where you're camping for the night and how long it will take to get there,  Then when you get to camp, all you have to do is eat and sleep or just hang out. The while eating breakfast, I look at my map and notes and figure an estimated lunch break and go! On my lunch break I can usually decide if I will make it to the designated camp, not make it, or keep goinf to another spot. Like I said...it's not written in stone, b/c everything changes once you're on the trail...wtaer sources, foot pain, energy, weather...we can't, unfortunately, calculate that in advance!

patti