[pct-l] After Action Report - Malibu

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Dec 27 19:39:19 CST 2008

Yes, Switchback, has once again cheated  death.  This time with Meadow Ed and
Crash in Malibu, CA.  We met at  the house Ed is watching for the owner to inc
lude dogs and a horse.   Several friends were staying with Ed at the house
when Crash and I arrived on  Saturday.

The view of the Pacific Ocean was  outstanding on the patio.  We talked for
several hours and then headed down  to the Pacific Coast Hwy for lunch.  We
stopped at the Neptune's Net.   Lots of motorcycle bikers were there too.  We
checked out the bikes as the  biker babes checked us out.  Hardcore hikers always
draw a crowd of babes,  even around hardcore bikers in black leather.  This
is normal operating  procedure, so we were use to it.

Then we went across the highway to  checkout the surfers catching waves.
Again, the surfer babes were all over  us, but we tried to be polite and even
signed a few autographs.  We left  and went back across the street to the
Neptune's Net to finish looking at bikes  in the parking lot, so the biker babes
would not get jealous and start a fight  over us with surfer chicks in the middle
of the Pacific Coast Hwy.  Then it  was back to the house for more
conversation and PCT hiker brotherhood  stuff.

Crash was going to stay overnight, but I  had to head back to Cerritos, CA.
The homes in the Malibu area are  unbelievable.  I did not know there was
that much money in the world or  people lived like that.

Copious amounts of fun were had by  all.  And to all a good night.

Respectfully submitted, Switchback the  Trail Pirate

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.