[pct-l] Too much spare time - part 2

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Sun Dec 28 18:22:27 CST 2008

OK, I'll put in my non-gender biased but age-biased opinion...In the time
I've been at the Grand Canyon, there has been a consistent trend in who
needs help (and this tends to hold true in other search and rescue places).
The most common victim is the younger guy who thinks he can just wing it,
that bad things just don't happen to him.  I rarely had to assist older,
retired hikers because they came prepared, knew what they were getting into,
and knew their own limits...in short, they planned!
Ellen