[pct-l] Don't plan, just do

Rod Belshee rbelshee at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 10:18:24 CST 2008

When my wife (Spirit) and I backpacked around the planet for 20 months a few years ago, I spent one year and hundreds of hours planning, detailing all of the places to see, the climate, local customs, logistics, etc., etc.  Then on the day we left, I hit delete to the whole folder full of spreadsheets, maps, plans and bookmarks and we travelled with the knowledge having come from planning, but the freedom of travelling unplanned. Worked well for us. (Might have worked even better if I had a better memory, but we did enjoy rediscovering things I forgot along the way!).

world travels journal: (http://groups.msn.com/AdventuresOfRodFran)

Steady Sr., PCT04