[pct-l] John Stanley?

Scott Herriott yetifan at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 12:50:49 CST 2008

Just off Snow Creek Rd. this year I interviewed a guy who lives in the area who claims that a gentleman named John Stanley used to live at the house that he now resides in (a former Pony Express stop).  He claims that Stanley had something to do with the genesis of the Pacific Crest Trail and that he (Stanley) had met with John Muir in Muir's later years to discuss such a trail.  I've Googled to no avail in search of info on this.  Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Squatch
www.walkpct.com