[pct-l] Hiker-trash lifestyle vs Hobo lifestyle

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Dec 30 11:35:14 CST 2008

Could  lurk no longer, had to respond to  Rerunner.

That is right Rerunner,.....''HYOH''.....''CODE  OF  THE  ROAD''......it
all sounds the same to me.
That is why I always said Hiker-Trash & Hobos are all made from the same
metal.
You can't really tell one from the other....except Hobos  may perhaps be
cleaner and better dressed.
Another way to tell a Hobo from Hiker-Trash is ''Gortex''.
No self respecting Hobo will ever wear ''Gortex.''
Also, Hobos never take handouts for granted....they show their gratitude.
I used to be somewhat of a rolling stone in my younger days before
turning to backpacking and I still
have a hard time telling a Hobo from Hiker-Trash.

Like I said  ''we are all made from the same metal.''

JMT Reinhold