[pct-l] Fw: English Muffins

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Fri Feb 1 13:15:24 CST 2008

---- Original Message -----
From: G. Lowe aka Wheeew  said:
By the way, there are 3 kinds of cheese you can carry in your pack that won't go moldy.  (They will get oily, but not moldy).  They are:  any kind of cheddar (mild, sharp, longhorn, etc.), swiss and monterey jack.  These are the 3 kinds I carried and rotated thru for the 4 months.

Plain of flavored, whipped or not cream cheese in plastic containers work on the trail. I've found that any cheese will work for several days as long as you don't touch it but hold it by the wrapper to avoid introducing bacteria. We've carried it dozens of times in all weather conditions and haven't been sick.

I also like soft Laughing Cow in the wrapped serving wedges in the round cardboard box. Buy the kind with more calories.

Mmmm...marcia