[pct-l] Sierra snow update

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Feb 2 02:38:36 CST 2008

Hi gang,
I'm back by popular demand....for a limited time only.
Just got back from my third week of skiing at Mammoth, in the Sierra,
this year.

Forget all this earlier talk about a dry season.
It has been snowing almost every day and more is on the way.
I have skied the Sierra 30 years ( keeps my legs in shape during the
off-hiking season ) and I don't think I have
ever seen more snow in the Sierra this early in the season.
If  this continuous the Sierra will be buried in snow....so do as Ground
Pounder Bill says......." Be Prepared.''

JMT Reinhold
The Powder Hound